Position Announcement: Chief Operating Officer
United Turf Alliance is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the company’s Chief Operating Officer. The COO reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for providing efficient operation of general business practices, negotiating with vendors, developing new business opportunities, and overseeing product development.
The COO will lead all business operations and specific responsibilities include:
- Organize and lead monthly conference calls and quarterly board of director meetings
- Manage budget and provide monthly financial statements to the board of directors
- Manage accounts receivables
- Identify and report new business opportunities to the board of directors
- Identify and develop new product opportunities
- Manage new product projects from strategy and formulation to label development, registration, sourcing, packaging, and distribution
- Manage product forecasting and inventory
- Maintain quality control and integrity of ArmorTech and Optimizer brand products
- Manage vendor relationships including contract negotiation
As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must possess a sophisticated understanding of the Turf & Ornamental post-patent specialty pesticide business. Additional requirements include:
- Experience in a client-service business, including managing client or manufacturer relationships
- Experience in product forecasting, developing RFQs and negotiating contracts with manufacturers
- Experience managing new product development
- Thorough working knowledge of financial statements
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Turfgrass industry sales, distribution, or manufacturing representation
The Chief Operating Officer will be based out of a home office where the employee resides.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “COO application” in the subject line.